Are you looking to further or even start your career in manfacturing? Fabri-Kal, now part of Pactiv Evergreen, is hiring Packers for our Kalamazoo plant. APPLY Today!
Currently day AND night shift available-
Work 12 hour shifts on our continental schedule (Mon,Tues, Fri, Sat- 48 hours or 4 shifts one week then Sun, Wed, Thurs- 36 hours or 3 shifts the next then back to 48hrs then 36hrs etc)- working just 15 days/nights per month!
ROLE: Inspects and packages product, rotates throughout production lines as directed by the Team Leader. Works independently (though informed by line technician as well as other IP’s) and assures the product that he/she is packing is free of defects and meets all standards that have been established by the Pactiv Evergreen Quality Department.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Maintain safe, clean and friendly work environment
• Visually inspect product for quality compliance
• Ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded
• Make-up and pack boxes with respective product ensuring that product is not mixed
• Meet daily production requirements
• Properly identify each case that is packed
• Assist with grinding of scrap materials as required
• Assist with training responsibilities as required
• Other duties as necessary
****PLEASE be sure to list your current/two most recent positions on the application, particularly if you are unable to upload a up-to-date resume.
Kalamazoo is in the southwest region of Michigan. It is midway between Chicago and Detroit on I-94 and offers commercial transportation by train, bus and major airline at the Kalamazoo Battle Creek International Airport. Kalamazoo was recently named one of the 150 Best Places to Live in the U.S. in 2020-21 by U.S. News and World Report and ranked the No. 1 Coolest Place in the U.S. with the lowest cost of living. It's the home of the Kalamazoo Promise, three colleges and universities, nationally recognized healthcare systems, diverse and affordable housing, clean and safe drinking water, and many parks, lakes, and golf courses.
• Demonstrates attention to detail focusing on accuracy
• Ability to accurately identify differences between major and minor defects
• Ability to communicate effectively and work closely and productively as part of a cross-functional team
• Ability to create and/or exhibit an atmosphere of openness, honesty, trust and teamwork
• Demonstrates ability to understand and actively participate in all company safety programs, policies and procedures
• Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of safe equipment operations
• Ability to develop and maintain processes that are ISO compliant
• Ability to be a self starter and work independently
• Can demonstrate ability to maintain work area in clean, safe order
• Demonstrates ability to sort out-of-spec product for regrind
• Demonstrates knowledge of FK products and materials and can differentiate between them
• Demonstrates ability to ensure trainees follow established procedures in absence of trainer
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent experience in lieu of education
• Must be able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations and without posing a threat to the health and safety of fellow employees
• Ability to read and understand written specifications, safety issues and interpretation of diagrams for proper packaging
ADA – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Must be able to-
• Work a 8 or12-hour shift, standing and walking for extended periods
• Heed safety warnings, devices and alarms.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Lift, push, pull, grasp, and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Possess an adequate ability to do problem solving and establish cause and effect relationships in an office and/or manufacturing environment
****PLEASE be sure to list your current/two most recent positions on the application if you are unable to upload a up-to-date resume.
#ZRH #CB1 #IND1P #FK